With a 20-year track record of success, the Forum traditionally attracts well over 1,000 senior executives - government and business leaders from Greece, Europe and the United States, and top executives from the investment, financial and business communities.
The timing for this Forum is optimal. After years of recession, Greece is returning to a period of economic growth and aims to position itself as an attractive investment and business destination. The Forum will provide the audience with a unique blend of informational, marketing and networking opportunities.
December marks the 20 year milestone of Capital Link’s commitment to raising awareness about Greece as an investment destination, to a wider investor universe. The conference will feature the developments and reforms in the Greek economy and the Greek government programme for the economy and investments. Also, the latest trends in the capital markets and specific sectors with topics such as Government and Corporate Bonds, energy, infrastructure development, real estate, tourism, banking, non-performing loans management, and global shipping.
The Governmental Delegation comprises Hon. Euclid Tsakalotos, Minister of Finance of the Hellenic Republic - Keynote Speaker during the Luncheon of the Forum, Hon. George Chouliarakis, Alternate Minister of Finance, Hon. Elena Kountoura, Minister of Tourism, Mr. George Tziallas, Secretary General for Tourism Policy & Development, Mr. Ioannis Brachos, Secretary General for International Economic Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Member of the Board of Enterprise Greece, and Mr. George Pitsilis, Governor of Independent Authority for Public Revenue.
• Mr. Evangelos Mytilineos, Chairman and CEO of Mytilineos S.A. will receive the “2018 Capital Link Hellenic Leadership Award”, at the conclusion of the forum, during an official dinner at The New York Yacht Club, on Monday, December 10th, 2018.
M r. C. Dean Metropoulos, Chairman & CEO, Metropoulos & Company will introduce Mr. Evangelos Mytilineos, Chairman & CEO, MYTILINEOS.
DINNER KEYNOTE SPEAKER will be Mr. Matthew Palmer, Deputy Assistant Secretary - European and Eurasian Affairs -U.S. Department of State.
• On Tuesday, December 11th, 2018, we will celebrate “Greek Day at the New York Stock Exchange”where the Greek Delegation, Greek companies listed on the NYSE and companies which participated in the forum will ring the Closing Bell at the New York Stock Exchange, an event of unique visibility throughout the world. The event will be broadcast live on major news stations in the United States and abroad to an audience of millions of viewers worldwide.
H.E. Haris Lalacos, Ambassador of Greece to the United States will deliver the Opening Remarks to the Forum.
This year’s Forum will be honored by the participation of:
? H.E. Alexis Tsipras, Prime Minister of the Hellenic Republic (via webcast)
? Five Greek Government Officials
• Hon. Euclid Tsakalotos, Minister of Finance, will be the keynote speaker at the luncheon
• Hon. Elena Kountoura, Minister of Tourism, will be the keynote speaker on the “Tourism & Hospitality” panel
• Hon. George Chouliarakis, Alternate Minister of Finance, will make the section remarks on “Greece Beyond the Program - Opportunities & Challenges”
• Mr. George Tziallas Secretary General for Tourism Policy & Development
• Mr. Ioannis Brachos, Secretary General for International Economic Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Member of the Board of Enterprise Greece
• Mr. George Pitsilis, Governor, Independent Authority for Public Revenue, Hellenic Republic
? Five Global Investment Banks
B NP Paribas • Citi • Credit Suisse • Goldman Sachs • Nomura International
? Four Greek Systemic Banks:
• Alpha Bank - Mr. Artemis C. Theodoridis, Deputy CEO - Non-Performing Loans and Treasury Management
• Alpha Bank - Mr. Theodoros Athanassopoulos, Executive General Manager Non Performing Loans Wholesale Banking
• Eurobank Ergasias S.A. - Mr. Nikolaos Karamouzis, Chairman & Chairman - Hellenic Bank Association
• Eurobank Ergasias S.A. - Dr. Tasos Anastasatos, Group Chief Economist and Chairman of the Scientific Council - Hellenic Bank Association
• Eurobank Ergasias S.A. - Mr. Konstantinos Vassiliou, Deputy CEO, Head of Group Corporate & Investment Banking
• National Bank of Greece - Mr. Paul Mylonas, CEO
• National Bank of Greece - Mr. Vasilios Kotsiras, Head of Funding Solution & Structure Finance
• Piraeus Bank S.A. - Mr. Christos Megalou, CEO
• Piraeus Bank S.A. - Mr. George Georgakopoulos, Executive General Manager, Legacy Unit
? Senior Representatives From Greek, European & International Organizations:
• Ms. Sabina Dziurman, Director - Greece & Cyprus - European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
• Mr. Francesco Drudi, Principal Adviser - European Central Bank
• Mr. Declan Costello, Principal Adviser, Mission Chief for Greece - European Commission
• Dr. Martin Czurda, CEO - Hellenic Financial Stability Fund
• Mr. Spyros Pantelias, Director - Financial Stability - Bank of Greece
• Mr. Dimitrios Tsakonas, Chief Executive - Public Debt Management Agency
• Amerra Capital - Mr. Thor Talseth, Managing Director
• Atlas Merchant Capital - Mr. David Schamis, Founding Partner & Chairman of Investment Committee
• BC Partners - Mr. Nikos Stathopoulos, Managing Partner
• EOS Capital Partners - Mr. Apostolos Tamvakakis, Managing Partner
• Oaktree - Mr. Spyros Spyropoulos, Senior Advisor
? Multinational & Greek Companies & Organizations:
A llen & Overy LLP • A.S. Papadimitriou & Partners Law Firm • Dimand S.A. • Elikonos Capital Partners • ElvalHalcor S.A. • Energean Oil & Gas • Enterprise Greece • EY • Grivalia Properties • Hellenic Bank Association • Hellenic Petroleum SA • Intralot • Lamda Development • Lambadarios Law Firm • LAMPSA HELLENIC HOTELS S.A. • Machas & Partners • Marriott International Inc. • McKinsey & Company • Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP • Mirum Hellas • Moody’s Investor Service • Mytilineos Holdings • NBG Pangaea REIC • New York Stock Exchange • OPAP • Potamitis Vekris • Public Debt Management Agency • Public Power Corporation SA • Reed Smith • Shaner Hotel Group • Tellurian Inc. • TITAN • Watson Farley & Williams
? Global Shipping Companies:
Danaos Corporation • Eurodry • Euroseas • Tsakos Energy Navigation
As in previous years, the Forum will provide delegates with unique networking opportunities through one-to-one meetings with listed and unlisted companies, as well as, with members of the Greek government delegation.
THE CONFERENCE IS ORGANIZED:
IN COOPERATION WITH: New York Stock Exchange
Citi and Tsakos Energy Navigation are Global Lead Sponsors of the Forum for ten years in a row.
Platinum Sponsors: National Bank of Greece • Piraeus Bank
Gold Sponsors: BNP Paribas • EY • Goldman Sachs • Nomura International
Grand Sponsors: Allen & Overy LLP • A.S. Papadimitriou & Partners Law Firm • Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP • Reed Smith • Watson Farley & Williams
Sponsors: Alpha Bank • Andromeda Group • AXIA Ventures Group Ltd • Calamos Investments • Credit Suisse • Elikonos Capital Partners • ElvalHalcor S.A. • Enterprise Greece • Eurobank Ergasias SA • First Athens Corporate Finance • Greek National Tourism Organization • Grivalia Properties • Hellenic Petroleum SA • Intralot • Lambadarios Law Firm • Lamda Development • McKinsey & Company • Mirum Hellas • Mytilineos Holdings • NBG Pangaea REIC • OPAP • OTE Group of Companies • Potamitis Vekris • Public Power Corporation SA - Hellas • Shaner Hotel Group • TITAN
Supporting Sponsors: Atlantic Bank • Flott & Co. PC • Rodoula S.A.
MUSIC BY: Menelaos Kanakis www.kanakismenelaos.com
SUPPORTING ORGANIZATIONS: AHEPA-DELPHI Chapter # 25 • American Hellenic Institute (AHI) • Consulate General of Greece in NY - Trade Office • Cyprus - US Chamber of Commerce • European American Chamber of Commerce, New York • European Financial Management Association (EFM) • East Mediterranean Business Cultural Alliance (EMBCA, Inc) • Greek American Chamber of Commerce NJ/PA • Greek Energy Forum • Hellenic American Bankers Association • Hellenic American Chamber of Commerce • Hellenic American Leadership Council (HALC) • Hellenic American Women's Council (HAWK) • The Hellenic Initiative • Hellenic Lawyers Association • International Finance Corporation (IFC) • Leadership 100 • The Rotary Club of New York • WISTA Cyprus • WISTA International • WISTA Hellas • WISTA USA
MEDIA PARTNERS: AllAboutShipping.co.UK • Antenna • Banking News • Cnn Greece • Cosmos FM 91.5 NY • European Business Review • Greek Reporter • Hellas Journal By Mignatiou.Com • Kathimerini • Hellenic News of America • NGTV • The National Herald • The New York Times International Edition – Kathimerini English Edition • World Energy News
2018 HELLENIC CAPITAL LINK LEADERSHIP AWARD
The "2018 Hellenic Capital Link Leadership Award" will be presented to Mr. Evangelos Mytilineos, Chairman & CEO, MYTILINEOS recognizing his company’s outstanding contribution to Greece, during an official dinner at The New York Yacht Club on Monday, December 10, 2018.
Mr. C. Dean Metropoulos, Chairman & CEO, Metropoulos & Company will introduce Mr. Evangelos Mytilineos,Chairman & CEO, MYTILINEOS.
The dinner Keynote Speaker will be Mr. Matthew Palmer, Deputy Assistant Secretary European and Eurasian Affairs, U.S. Department of State.
The Dinner is sponsored by EY.
«GREEK DAY» AT NEW YORK STOCK EXCHANGE
Within the context of the “20th Annual Capital Link Invest in Greece Forum”, the New York Stock Exchange will organize in cooperation with Capital Link a special celebration of “Greek Day at NYSE”, on Tuesday December 11, 2018. The Greek Delegation, Greek companies listed on the New York Stock Exchange and companies which participated in the Forum, will ring the Closing Bell at the New York Stock Exchange, an event of unique visibility throughout the world. The event will be broadcast live on major news stations in the United States and abroad to an audience of millions of viewers worldwide.
For further information, please contact:
NEW YORK // Mrs. Olga Bornozi & Mrs. Eleni Bej & Mrs. Anny Zhu
Founded in 1995, Capital Link is a New York based investor relations, financial communications and advisory firm with a strategic focus on the maritime, commodities and energy sectors, MLPs, as well as Closed-End Funds and ETFs. Based in New York City, Capital Link has presence in London, Athens & Oslo. Capital Link is a member of the Baltic Exchange and works very closely with the New York Stock Exchange, NASDAQ and the London Stock Exchange as well as with major international and supranational organizations and industry associations in the areas of the firm's strategic concentration.
Our proactive approach, which integrates Investor Relations, Information Technology and Media, enhances awareness and branding for our clients through tailored outreach programs targeting analysts, institutional and individual investors and the financial media complemented by extensive and uniquely powerful marketing platforms. Capital Link offers a full suite of services including strategic and corporate advisory, investor relations, media relations, public and industry relations and the organization of corporate events.
Capital Link is also known for the organization of large scale, high quality Investment Forums focusing on maritime transportation and U.S. investment products in key industry centers, such as New York, London, Athens, Limassol, Shanghai, Singapore and as of this year in Tokyo. We organize twelve to fourteen conferences annually, of which seven are focused on the maritime sector. The Capital Link Investment Forums feature industry leaders and draw the elite of the global financial and investment communities.
The Capital Link brand is widely-recognized and valued worldwide by participants in these communities for combining rich informational and educational content with as well as superior networking opportunities. In addition to conferences, Capital Link organizes Webinars focusing on investment strategies, sectors, critical topics of interest to the investment community and company presentations. Capital Link's global marketing platform enhances the visibility and reach of these events on a global scale that lasts well beyond the date on which each event is held, becoming a continuous reference point for market participants.
Capital Link’s efforts have been recognized by the 2011 Lloyds’s List Greek Shipping Awards, in 2012 and 2013 by the InterContinental Finance Magazine and in 2016 by the Wealth & Finance Magazine, Also, by the International Propeller Club of the United States and AHI-American Hellenic Institute.